If you are exclusively relying on anechoic SPL and/or FFT measurements to evaluate your transducers and systems you are seeing just the tip of the performance iceberg. Using our state of the art Klippel analyzers and other tools we can not only identify that a problem exists but also why it exists and how to solve it.
Our engineers have a deep understanding of how to use our equipment to extract every last iota of relevant data that will help you achieve better performance at lower cost.
A sampling of our test and measurement tools:
- A fully loaded Klippel analyzer system to measure linear parameters (Thiele-Small), large signal parameters, THD, IMD, thermal characteristics, impedance, power handling, maximum output (distortion or compression threshold), power response, traditional SPL (2pi and 4pi) and more.
- A Klippel Near Field Scanner (NFS), a revolutionary new tool to measure the 3d sound radiation pattern of a system. Measurements are done robotically in the near field encircling the device under test (DUT) in a user-defined grid. Klippel software then analyzes and combines each NFS measurement point and extrapolates a far-field sound radiation pattern at any user-defined distance. An excellent tool for DUTs whose on axis “far field” SPL measurements do not accurately describe the performance, such as tabletop radios, portable blue tooth speakers, and large professional audio (PA) speakers.
- Klippel vacuum chamber where acoustic measurements can be performed under vacuum to separate air effects from purely mechanical effects. This is particularly useful for microspeakers, microphones and other small transducers.
- An oversize IEC baffle suitable for 2pi measurements of woofers up to 18 in.
- And many more precision instruments.
We can measure any acoustic device. If your specific measurement needs are not addressed on this page, please contact Warkwyn at any time with questions. If you can think of it, we can measure it.