– Steady-state measurement
– Analysis of large signal behavior
– Harmonic distortion, intermodulation
– Dependency on amplitude and frequency
– Voice coil displacement (peak, rms, DC)
– Reveals output compression amplitude
– Active transducer protection
DIS module performs a series of measurements using a single or two-tone stimulus varied in amplitude and frequency to check the large signal behavior of audio systems. Voltage at the terminals may be configured to adjust automatically between user selected levels. The voice coil temperature is monitored by impedance measurements. The measurement is interrupted if excessive mechanical and / or thermal overload will damage the transducer.
The FFT is synchronous to the stimulus length giving maximal spectral resolution and dispensing with windowing. The results are the steady-state amplitude responses of the DC component, fundamentals, harmonic and intermodulation components. The amplitude variation of the stimulus reveals the thermal and nonlinear compression of the spectral components.
DIS can output 2D or 3D curves.